Smythe & Jones, PLLC


Office: (425) 436-5777

Mediation Services, Family Law & Business Attorneys

Be Heard & Have a Voice in your Conflict Resolution with Mediation.

Grandparent’s Right To Maintain A Relationship With A Grandchild

Washington law recognizes a grandparent’s right to maintain a relationship with a grandchild. However, a grandparent can’t petition for visitation rights unless the child’s parents are divorced, separated, are in the process of divorce, or some other breakdown of the nuclear family unit has occurred.